HAPPY THANKSGIVING !
We are thankful to have you in our Quilting Community.
Eastern Pa Shop Hop Winners are now posted on Facebook!
The Rose of Sharin' Quilt Shop Winner is Bev Clause.
Bev has won a Travel Iron Package: Cordless Travel Iron, Best Press, Iron Cleaner, and Frixion Pens.
December 2017 Plan ahead!
Ok, so it is still November but we love to think ahead.
A Wish List for your loved ones and a Sale!
Quilters love sales.
As promised the Progressive Christmas Sale Details!
All Christmas Fabric and Kits are on sale in December.
December 5-9 15% off
December 12-16 20% off
December 19-23 25% off
So grab your list and check it twice.
Don't forget to fill out a Wish List for your loved ones to shop for you.
You write down items you would like and we show them the card when they stop by.
Easy and fun. Gift Certificates are always available.
Our November 2018 retreat will be November 12 -15, 2018.
Signups will be December 16, 2017. Shop opens at 9am.
November 2017 Tis the season!
We are OPEN for all days of the15th Annual Eastern Pennsylvania Shop Hop- November 3 to November 18, 2017.
Pocono Sew and Vac will also be open on Sundays. Quilted Crow has extended hours as well.
Are you going on the 15th Annual Eastern Pennsylvania Shop Hop?
It has started and the finishing kits at each shop are just beautiful. It makes deciding which one to create a challenge. Fun!
Remember shop hours may change during the hop. Rose of Sharin Quilt Shop is open for all days of the Shop Hop.
Don't forget to take along some treats and water and any fabrics you need to match up from other projects.
See you soon!
If you are new to shop hops, welcome to the fun. Here is what you do:
1. Go to a participating quilt shop like Rose of Sharin', here in Danville and purchase a passport for 5$. It comes with a tote and the passport has coupons for future use and DIRECTIONS to all the shops. There is also a bonus block kit and 2 extra block patterns. What a bargain!
- All shops will use the same fabric line to create a block and to create a final design displayed in the shop.
- This design is available in a finishing kit at their shop.
- So check each shops design and pick the one you like.
- Remember that design is only available at that shop.
2. Get your passport stamped and if you like purchase a block kit for the shops designed block.
3. Create a route and repeat this at all the shops. Then drop off your stamped portion of the passport at the last shop.
There is a drawing for prizes. This year a sewing machine is the grand prize! Good luck!
4. Don't forget a finishing kit! Each shop has one displayed.
5. Grab a friend and hit the road! Don't forget to ask for restaurant recommendations. Fabric Shopping works up an appetite.
************Progressive Christmas Sale Details - Coming Soon! *************
October 2017 Wish List
-Fall and Halloween fabrics are now on sale at 20% off. Hard to believe fall is nearing an end, so stock up for your winter sewing.
-Christmas Wish LIST - Got your interest? Want to create a Wish List for the Hubs, aunt, sister or friend to buy for your Christmas gift?
Here's your chance. Stop in the shop anytime to get a card to record your wishes of items we carry or can order for you.
The shop will have items ready for them OR Santa to pick up anytime as late as Saturday December 23. We close at 3.
Gift Certificates are also available. It is always nice to open a gift or two as well . Join the fun!
It's a shop hop in one shop! See you soon.
-Classes and Retreats are always a great way to meet new quilt friends and share the creative spirit with other talented people.
Consider signing up. Sharin' Fun is a once a month gathering. Bring your lunch and stay all day. Get those UFOS off the shelf.
See the calendar for dates and times or stop by the shop and sign up.
August Update 2017:
- Are you ready for fall and the upcoming holidays? We have some wonderful kits and ideas for you. Stop by to see whats new and on sale.
- Remember: SEPTEMBER 15 is the LAST Day to drop off Christmas Gifts to be quilted in time for the holiday.
- We accept quilts anytime but we want to make sure we have plenty of time to quilt them for you.
- Don't forget we are collecting Teds in Beds this month for the Geisinger Children's Hospital.
- We have a Carry On Bag class in October. There are 3 sessions. We are meeting on Thursday nights 5:30-8:30. October 5, 12 and 19. This class was so popular in September. Stop by and see the sample in the shop.
- Block of the month kits are ready to be picked up. Don't forget to bring in your completed block each month to get your name in a drawing for free quilting at the end of the project. Good Luck!
- We are still collecting pillowcases. Please donate for the children up to 18 years old to brighten their hospital stay! Thanks again.
August Newsletter 2017
- Summer kits are on sale now until they are gone!
- September 15 is last day to drop off Christmas gifts to be quilted
- New Wool Felt class on October 21st --11-3pm. Signups now. Free class. Bring Lunch.
- A new CARRY -ON Bag class has been added to calendar, Signups now. Classes will be October 5, October 12 and October 19. Class is 5:30-8:30.
- Signups for August 2018 retreat are on September 9. Dates are August 2-5. Thursday is optional.
- WE DID NOT MOVE but OUR ADDRESS WAS CHANGED to: 559 Mill Street Suite 103, Danville, Pa.
July sure went fast. I hope you were able to enjoy summer and do a bit of sewing as well.
Its a new month so lets start with a retreat at Linck Hill. For all those registered, remember that Thursday night is an option.
Please be sure to tell us ahead of time so we can make arrangements and be ready for you.
Are you ready to participate in Block of the Month Projects?
We have 2 fantastic kits starting September 1.
Pictures are on website so pick 1 or both and call the shop to register. 25$ deposit to start.
Fall is soon upon us. Get your sewing room prepped for seasonal projects and preparation for Christmas gifts!
Up for a challenge? We are collecting pillowcases for the Children's Hospital at Geisinger Medical Center. Our August goal is 311. Please bring in your donations and help us fill the HAMPER!
September Challenge is Ted in Bed: If you have not seen these adorable Ted in Bed kits for infants and toddlers, stop by the shop.
Our goal is 150! So bring in your donations and help us fill the BED BASKET!
All donations collected will be delivered by Rose of Sharin' to Children's Hospital Geisinger Medical Center.Duffel Bag class participants:
Please read your pattern thoroughly before the first class.
Jot down any questions.No sewing machine needed for first class.
Please bring a rotary cutter, cutting mat, fabric, pins and a ruler
Happy quilting!LoriJune Newsletter 2017
We are sad to announce that after putting up an incredible fight, Debbie has passed away. Many of you knew about her struggle with cancer over the past months and we thank you for your support. Although this has been an incredibly difficult time for all of us, we'd like to say thank you. We have never felt so loved and supported as we do now. Thank you for all your calls and concern, thank you for helping us with samples and sewing, and thank you for being so understanding during this trying time. We are so thankful to not have customers, but a true community that surrounds us.
We also want you to know that the overabundance of cards and gifts that Debbie received during her treatments was of great encouragement to her and her family. Although she was never able to personally thank everyone who thought of her, she was incredibly blessed by your words. Thank you.
Lori and the Lunger family